AARP Colorado knows the best years begin at 50 and we are out to prove it by working with some of the most amazing people in the state – people who are climbing 14ers, running marathons, starting new businesses and passing on what they now to younger generations. The new 50+ is out there and we at AARP are cheering them on by supporting their adventures and coming up with a few of our own.
Some of the AARP summer activities include the following:
- Colorado Rockies Tailgate Party – May 28, Rockies vs. St. Louis Cardinals
- Yoga Rocks the Park – June 4
- Winter Park Jazz Festival – July 15-16
- Tour de Steamboat Bike Ride – July 22
- Dragon Boat Festival – July 29-30
- Triple S Brewery Walking Tour, Colorado Springs – Aug. 12
- 26th Annual Colorado Mountain Wine Fest – Sept. 16
AARP knows there is a trend underway, in which more people 50 and older are more active, both physically and mentally, than ever before. People aren’t slowing down. In fact, they are preparing themselves to do more of the things they love.
It’s time for new adventures, careers, degrees, or even a new look. The New 50+, “It’s a Mindset” is a program by AARP Colorado that encourages people to challenge the perceptions of aging and show others what being 50 and older really means.