Now through April 18, 2017, AARP Foundation is providing free tax assistance and preparation through its Tax-Aide program.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service, offering tax preparation help to anyone – AARP members and non-members alike – who cannot afford a tax preparation service. Since 1968, Tax-Aide has helped nearly 50 million low- to moderate-income taxpayers.
Just check out this data from 2016…
- Over 3,600 people in the District of Columbia were assisted with filing their federal, state tax returns by
- 71 AARP Foundation Tax-Aide volunteers, who helped taxpayers to receive
- More than $313,000 in Earned Income Tax Credits (EITCs) and
- $2.5 million total in income tax refunds
Interested in this free, in-person tax preparation service?
- AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered at a dozen sites across the District including libraries, recreation centers and other convenient locations.
- To locate a Tax Aide site near you, visit the Tax Aide Locator to search by zip code or call toll free 1-888-AARPNOW (1-888-227-7669).
- Don’t forget to bring your important documents to the site. Click here for more information.
AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is offered in conjunction with the IRS.