The AARP Mississippi Executive Council currently has five immediate openings. This group features the highest ranking volunteer positions in the state. The Executive Council makes strategic decisions on our priorities, shaping the work of AARP throughout Mississippi. This team works in close partnership with the AARP Mississippi State President, State Director and staff.
For each opening, we are seeking someone who is willing to share talent and skills to help accomplish our state goals. This commitment can be a one- or two-year term. You don’t have to be an expert in all things AARP, but it helps to have some professional leadership experience under your belt.
Be a Leader:
- Lead more than 100 AARP volunteers in Mississippi
- Represent the concerns of more than 285,000 AARP members
- Play a key role in achieving AARP’s vision, mission and strategic priorities in our state
The AARP Mississippi Executive Council members have a great opportunity to build relationships with organizations and key decision makers that will impact the lives of Mississippians of all ages.
The ideal candidate for these positions:
- Has a record of achievement in either community service or a professional career.
- Has knowledge of and a passion for at least one of AARP’s priority issues.
- Has extensive personal and professional networks.
- Is a strong public speaker with the ability to become an organizational spokesperson.
Ultimately, we are all working to fulfill the mission of AARP – to enhance the quality of life for all as we age, to lead positive social change and to deliver value to our members through information, advocacy and service.
If you’re ready to find out more, get in touch! Send an email to MSAARP@aarp.org with EXECUTIVE COUNCIL in the subject line and tell us a little about yourself by July 27, 2017. Please include contact information and attach a resume.