Choosing Wisely Utah Town Hall Discussion
Much of the cost of health care in this country comes from unnecessary or overused care, with some estimates of over 30 percent of the total cost. A town hall discussion sponsored by HealthInsight, a Medicare Quality Improvement Organization, will feature AARP Utah State Director Alan Ormsby on a distinguished panel of health care experts to discuss this topic.
The event, held in partnership with the University of Utah’s Hinckley Forum, will feature experts familiar with the Choosing Wisely campaign — a national effort to get consumers and physicians talking about what care really has value – and will be moderated by Jennifer Napier-Pierce, Reporter, Salt Lake Tribune, and news director, KUER. Panelists will include:
- John Santa, MPH, MD, Health Ratings Center Director, Consumer Reports
- Daniel Wolfson, Executive Vice President and COO of the ABIM Foundation
- Michael K. Magill, MD, Professor and Chairman, Family and Preventive Medicine, University of Utah and Executive Medical Director, University of Utah Health Plans
- Alan Ormsby, JD, State Director, AARP Utah
- Wayne Cannon, MD, Medical Director Primary Care Clinical Program, Intermountain Healthcare
Town hall discussion details are below:
March 27, 2014 from 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Hinckley Institute of Politics, University of Utah
Orson Spencer Hall, Room 255
260 South Campus Drive
Register today by clicking here.