AARP California is seeking a communications intern in our Pasadena office for Spring 2014. This is a paid internship opportunity.
We’re seeking a bilingual (English/Spanish) digitally savvy person to help us better identify and reach general market and Latino media, organizations, and communities throughout the state. You will help maintain and update our media database and pitch community and ethnic media to cover our events and publish our articles. Depending on your skills and interests, you may be asked to shoot video and take photos at events; interview people with stories to share; and research and write social media posts and online articles. This internship is highly customizable dependent on you and your creativity.
AARP is a non-profit, non-partisan membership organization focused on helping people 50+ live their best lives. We work on issues that matter to all Californians, such as health care, housing, utilities, livable communities, and caregiving. To learn more about AARP, visit http://www.aarp.org and http://www.aarp.org/espanol.
- Undergraduate student pursuing a degree in communications, digital strategy, social media, public relations, or journalism
- Strong writing skills in both languages required, along with experience using social media networks, and a familiarity with photography and video editing software
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and experience with Facebook and Twitter
- Prefer experience with any of the following software: Publisher, Adobe Photoshop, YouTube, WordPress, Instagram, Pinterest, Hootsuite
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Interested in learning about issues impacting people 50+
- Excellent organizational and communications skills
- Available to work a minimum of 15 hours per week at our office in Pasadena
How to Apply