Know an amazing 50+ volunteer? AARP Nebraska is seeking nominations for the 2017 AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors age 50-plus Nebraskans who are sharing their experience, talent and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
“We want to recognize Nebraskans age 50 and older who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Robin Szwanek, community outreach director with AARP Nebraska.
Nebraska’s Andrus Award recipient will be honored with a $2,500 purse to donate to their non-profit charity of choice.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Nebraska based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced on or around September 1, 2017.
AARP Nebraska Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nomination forms can be found online. People may also contact Robin Szwanek in the AARP Nebraska office at 1-866-389-5651 toll free or email@example.com for further information and a nomination form. The application deadline is June 2, 2017.
- Be specific about the nominee’s contributions. The selection committee may not know the individual and has only your nomination form on which to base their decision.
- Give examples of the work performed, when, where and who was served.
- Please do not include accomplishments from paid work experience.
- Ask other people to nominate the same person.
The AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society.