AARP Washington is seeking nominations for the 2014 AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service. The association’s most prestigious volunteer tribute recognizes outstanding individuals who are sharing their experience, talents and skills to enrich the lives of others. If you know of an outstanding volunteer, we want to hear about them!
AARP Washington will donate $1,000 to the registered charity of the winner’s choice.* AARP Washington will also donate $500 to the chosen charity of two finalists.*
AARP Washington Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
• Nominee must be 50 years or older.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
• Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
• This is not a posthumous award.
*The selected charity of the winners is subject to AARP approval.
And check out the following short video profiling a previous winner here.