Do you know an extraordinary volunteer age 50 or older?
Show your appreciation by nominating him or her for the 2017 Andrus Award for Community Service. AARP New York’s most prestigious volunteer award recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent and skills in ways that significantly enrich the lives of others. Only one individual or couple from New York is selected each year. The winning nominee will receive a $5,000 check to donate to the non-profit organization of their choice.*
Nominating a volunteer is easy! If you know someone 50+ who embodies the true definition of volunteerism, complete a nomination form today!
The nomination deadline is July 14, 2017.
Nominees must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be at least 50 years old
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible
- The recipient must live in New York State
- This is not a posthumous award
*Subject to the approval of AARP