Do you want a secure retirement? Are you ready to achieve financial resilience as you venture into your next chapter of life? Then you might want to enjoy an AARP Financial Freedom workshop!
AARP envisions an America where individuals have financial resilience. That means they have financial resources and opportunities to match their longer lifespan. Financial Freedom is designed to empower individuals and help people think about and actually develop short-term financial solutions to achieve long-term savings. Workshops conducted by Certified Financial Planners from the Certified Financial Planners Board and Standards, Inc., are offered through churches and other community-based organizations. They are accompanied by educational tip sheets, articles, and online tools including financials calculators that you can access at www.aarp.org/financialfreedom . Financial Freedom will help you:
• Set a financial course to be financially resilient for the long haul.
• Learn how to cut costs, reduce debt, and improve credit.
• Build a budget to launch a solid savings plan that can help you think about places to park your money, pay for college, etc.
• Learn the basics of sound and simple investing including how to allocate your assets, diversify and rebalance along with mastering mutual funds.
• Become aware of investment fraud practices and how to protect against fraud.
Join us for an AARP Financial Freedom workshop! Here is the schedule:
Financial Freedom Events
• Holy Angels Catholic Church, Sept. 10, 6:00 – 9:00 pm (Spanish language event)
• Canaan Baptist Church, Oct. 25, 10:00 am – 12 noon
• Trinity Faith Christian Center, Lewes, DE, Nov. 22, 10:00 am – 12 noon
Events are free and open to the public. You’ll have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with a Certified Financial Planner. Refreshments will be served. RSVP to email@example.com