THIS EVENT IS SOLD OUT.
Chooo choooo! THE POLAR EXPRESS™ is coming to the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company!
AARP members receive an exclusive discount of $15 per person for the THE POLAR EXPRESS™ on Saturday, December 1st at 2:30-4:00pm.
Boarding begins at 2:30pm at Ocean Gateway located at 14 Ocean Gateway Pier in Portland. The train will begin the journey to “the North Pole” promptly at 2:45pm. The train ride is approximately 50 minutes. Plan on extra time for photos and to check out the Ocean Gateway Visitors Center.
- Accessibility– the first train car is accessible for a limited number of wheelchairs. All other cars require a step to board.
- Ticket price– all tickets are $15 per person. Children under 2 years of age who will be sitting on a lap do not need a ticket. There are no “first class” or “coach” tickets for this train.
- Refunds– please purchase your tickets with the understanding that there will be no refunds. No exceptions.
- Ticket capacity– there are a strict number of tickets available on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Who may purchase tickets– AARP members may purchase tickets for themselves and unlimited guests. Guests do not have to be AARP members.
- Discount code– no discount code is required.
- Can I purchase tickets through Port Tix– No. This discount is only available through AARP.
- Do I need to bring my AARP card to the train– No.
- What do I need to bring– Bring your email confirmation, your copy of THE POLAR EXPRESS™ to read along the journey, a camera or your phone to capture the memories, and your imagination! Wear PJs if you would like; many children get into THE POLAR EXPRESS™ spirit by wearing their PJs, bathrobe and slippers.
- Other dates– this discount is only available for the train on Saturday, December 1st at 2:45pm.
- Parking– event parking is available at the Ocean Gateway for $10.
- Inclement weather–
-If the train is cancelled by the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company or by AARP, all ticket holders will receive a voucher for a trip on the date of the ticket holder’s choosing during the 2019 season.
-Per the policy of the Maine Narrow Gauge Railroad Company, individual requests to reschedule due to weather cannot be accommodated.
-Any cancellation announcement will be made on AARP Maine’s Facebook Page and an email will be sent to all ticket holders by noon on December 1st.
Image used with permission.