Welcome to the homepage for the AARP Washington State Podcast. Our podcast focuses on health, wealth & self, and how we can make life after age 50 the best years of our lives.
You can find us on iTunes and subscribe here.
Or you can listen through any podcast app. Just search for “AARP Washington State Podcast”.
Episodes in Season 1.
1. Being Happier with Gretchen Rubin
2. The Good News About Aging with Dr. Laura Carstensen
3. Meditation Master Bob Roth
4. Romance, Sex and Relationships with Dr. Pepper Schwartz
5. A New Way to Save For Retirement – Introducing the Washington State Retirement Marketplace
6. Fighting Fraud – Teletown Hall with Attorney General Bob Ferguson
7. Inside the Dark Web and Identity Theft with Internet Godfather Brett Johnson
Our featured podcast: The Good News About Aging with Dr. Laura Carstensen.
Are older people happier? Can the last third of our lives be our best years, both for ourselves and for contribution to society? Stanford psychology professor Laura Carstensen says yes!
Dr. Carstensen is the founding director of the Stanford Center on Longevity at Stanford University. She maintains that the doubling of our lifespans over the past century could be the greatest cultural achievement in human history. But we’ve got to take advantage of it. Hear Dr. Carstensen’s thoughts on how to be happy and productive in old age in this interview with AARP’s Doug Shadel. We also talk about what older people have to contribute to society for all ages and how our ever-increasing lifespans are an opportunity we’ve never had before. Listen to this episode for the good news about aging!
Learn more about Dr. Carstensen and the Stanford University Center for Longevity here.
You can also watch the interview with Dr. Carstensen by AARP’s Doug Shadel on YouTube: