PHOENIX, AZ – On Thursday June 25 at 2pm EST (11am Arizona), the House Ways & Means Subcommittee on Health Care will be holding a hearing on "Examining the COVID-19 Nursing Home Crisis." Dana Marie Kennedy AARP Arizona State Director has agreed to testify remotely at the hearing. She will be one of seven on a panel discussing how COVID-19 has impacted those in Long Term Care Facilities and their families. The panel includes:
Witness Speaking Order: Please see below for the finalized speaking order for tomorrow’s hearing:
- Delia Satterwhite, Family Member
- Melinda Haschak, Licensed Practical Nurse, Regalcare at Southport
- Nicole Howell, Executive Director, Ombudsman Services of Contra Costa Inc.
- Toby S. Edelman, JD, Senior Policy Attorney, Center for Medicare Advocacy
- David Grabowski, PhD, Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Dana Kennedy, State Director, AARP Arizona
- Rebecca Gould, President/Chief Executive Officer, Schuyler Hospital
Dana will provide 5 minutes of testimony and take questions.
Dana Marie Kennedy stated, “It is an honor to be asked to testify at a Congressional hearing to share my concerns about what is happening in our LTC facilities in Arizona and around the country. It truly is a disgrace and Congress must take action and hold Government at all levels accountable and there needs to be some guardrails and transparency with how and where resources are going to protect our most vulnerable.”
To view the hearing please click on the link below. It begins at 2:00pm EST (11am Arizona) on Thursday.