Sign up online at www.faswva.org/volunteer for one of Feeding America Southwest Virginia new volunteer opportunities.
Volunteers are needed Monday through Thursday from 12:30 – 3:30 p.m. and on Friday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. to prepare food, cook, and clean in the Community Solutions Center Kitchen at 2328 Melrose Ave., NW in Roanoke. Groups of up to 12 can be accommodated for this activity.
Volunteers are also needed on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays to serve meals to children from the Cafe to-Grow food truck. As follows truck volunteers are asked to meet the truck:
- Stop 1: Preston Park School (3142 Preston Ave. NW, Roanoke). Volunteers needed from 3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
- Stop 2: Melrose Adventist Child Development Center (1523 Melrose Ave. NW, Roanoke) Volunteers needed from 4:45 – 5:5:30 p.m.
- Stop 1: Williamson Road Library (3837 Williamson Road NW. Roanoke). Volunteers needed from 3:00 – 4:00 p.m.
- Stop 2: Jackson Park Library (1101 Morningside St. SE, Roanoke). Volunteers needed from 4:15 – 5:00 p.m.
- Stop 1: Eureka Park (1529 Carroll Ave. NW, Roanoke). Volunteers needed from 3:45 – 4:30 p.m.
- Stop 2: Boys & Girls Club (1714 9th Street SE, Roanoke). Volunteers needed from 5:15 – 6:30 p.m.
More Volunteer opportunities:
- Every 3rd Thursday and Friday of each month Feeding America SWVA assembles 2000 boxes of non-perishable, shelf-stable food for low-income seniors. This is done in two shifts, from 9:00 a.m. – noon and 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Groups up to 30 can be accommodated for this activity.
- Every Tuesday through Friday in our warehouse to sort food for distribution. We have two shifts daily 9a – 12p and 1p-4p. Groups up to 30 can be accommodated for this activity.
- Help repackage bulk product Tuesdays through Fridays. There are two shifts available 9am-12p and 1p – 4p. Groups up to 10 can be accommodated for this activity.
In addition to these ongoing daily volunteer activities, there are occasional weekend events available. For more information about any of these volunteer opportunities, please feel free to contact Lanell Otey at 540-342-3011, ext. 7016 or email@example.com or, sign up online at www.faswva.org/volunteer.