Would you like to expand your areas of influence by becoming a leading volunteer representative of AARP Illinois?
Joining the AARP Illinois Executive Council is an excellent way for leaders who are age 50+ to use their talents and skills to help others.
AARP Illinois Executive Council members help make life better for AARP members and other residents in Illinois by working closely with the AARP Illinois State President and State Director. Executive Council members have a great opportunity to strengthen relationships within their communities and grow their network while representing AARP in the community.
The Executive Council member is part of a team of leadership volunteers who, under the guidance of the State President and the State Director, helps to define, drive and carry out AARP’s strategic priorities within the state.
- Understand, support and reflect the mission of AARP – to enhance the quality of life for all as we age, to lead positive social change and to deliver value to members through information, advocacy and service.
- Help to position AARP as an influential power in the state, leading change and influencing the future.
- Serve as a public spokesperson for AARP with public officials, media and the public as needed.
- Provide input on strategies for accomplishing goals outlined in the state plan.
- Help bring innovative initiatives and new partnerships to AARP.
- Work in partnership with state staff and leadership volunteers in the development, implementation and monitoring of the state plan.
- Provide guidance and assistance on a variety of activities such as special projects, research, diversity outreach, community organizing and member engagement.
- Commitment to the goals and priorities of AARP
- Demonstrated professional senior level leadership experience
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and planning abilities
- Thorough knowledge of state issues, needs, and activities
- Willingness to use existing networks and further network towards the creation of new community partnerships
- Access to email, telephone and computer required
- Membership or associate membership in AARP
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Please send questions and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are applying, please include your resume/CV and cover letter statement indicating why you are interested in an Executive Council role.