Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, December 7-11, aims to promote understanding of the importance of mobility and transportation to ensuring older adults remain active in their communities – shopping, working or volunteering – with the confidence that transportation will not be the barrier to strand them at home.
This week the American Occupational Therapy Association, sponsor of Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, draws attention to different aspects of older driver safety on its website:
• Anticipating Changes That Can Affect Driving ( Monday)
• Family Conversations ( Tuesday)
• Screening and Evaluations ( Wednesday)
• Interventions That Can Empower Drivers ( Thursday)
• Staying Engaged in the Community ( Friday)
In recognition of Older Driver Safety Awareness Week, AARP Driver Safety is offering a 30 percent discount on its online course through Saturday, December 12. To take advantage of the promotion, sign up for the AARP Smart Driver online course with promo code AWARE30.