Are you over 50 and looking for ways to improve your current financial situation? Work for Yourself@50+ has the information you need to succeed. It will help you gain the knowledge, support, and resources you need to make informed decisions about working for yourself and take the right first steps toward successful self-employment.
The decision to start your own business can be both exciting and daunting. Work for Yourself@50+ breaks the choices down for older adults in an approachable way through five steps; it is a careful consideration of the potential benefits and risks of working for yourself.
For additional information, visit aarpfoundation.org/workforyourself. Work for Yourself@50+ is made possible in part through a grant from The Hartford.
Upcoming workshops facilitated by New Ventures Maine are as follows:
- Presque Isle: Monday, February 27, 9:30-11:30 am, The Gathering Place, 33 Davis St, Presque Isle ME, 04769
- Bangor: Tuesday, February 28, 9:30-11:30 am, New Ventures Maine/UMA-Bangor Campus, 1 University Drive, Bangor ME, 04401
- Auburn: Thursday, March 2, 12:00-2:00 pm, Auburn Public Library, 49 Spring Street, Auburn ME, 04210
- Augusta: Tuesday, March 7, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., New Ventures Maine Office at UMA Handley Hall, 5th floor, 331 Water Street, Augusta ME, 04330
- South Portland: Wednesday, March 15, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, New Ventures Maine, 175 Main St., South Portland ME, 04106
To register, please call toll free: 1-888-339-5617