Turn your phone bill over. What's on the back?
"Five reasons to feel good about your FairPoint landline service:
- It's reliable and works even if the power goes out.
- It delivers crystal-clear sound quality, assured by government standards.
- It's more affordable and offers better coverage than cellular service.
- It's protected by two levels of backup.
- It routes 911 calls locally, allowing emergency personnel to instantly identify your location."
Our point exactly.
THIS WEEK, the Energy, Utilities and Technology Committee will be discussing and potentially voting on LD 466, a bill that will allow FairPoint to walk away from the pledge on the back of your phone bill.
CALL YOUR LEGISLATOR TODAY and urge her/him to VOTE AGAINST LD466.
Senate Legislative Office: 1-800-423-6900
House Legislative Office: 1-800-423-2900
- You will be connected to a staffer at the Senate and House Legislative Offices or be able to leave a voicemail if unanswered.
- Please be sure to leave your name and where you live in Maine and whether a landline is your primary telephone.
- Remember, voicemails are passed along to members so your messages aren’t going unheard.
- As always, you are welcome to reach out to committee members on your own and ask them to oppose the bill.