Do you know an exceptional 50+ volunteer in Missouri?
Show your appreciation by nominating him or her for the 2018 AARP Missouri Andrus Award for Community Service. AARP's most prestigious Missouri volunteer award recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent and skills in ways that significantly enrich the lives of others.
The purpose of the award is to recognize outstanding individuals who are making a powerful difference in their communities in ways that advance AARP’s mission, vision, and commitment to volunteer service and that inspire others to volunteer.
Following are the eligibility requirements:
• Nominee must be 50 years or older.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
• The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
• Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
• This is not a posthumous award and nominees need not be a member of AARP.
In honor of the 2018 Andrus Award winner, $1500 will be donated to his/her volunteer host agency.
The deadline for nominations is June 1st.