Are you an older adult, a caregiver, family member or friend who is passionate about aging issues?
Do you have leadership skills and an interest in state and federal advocacy?
Do you want to make a difference and ensure that we have livable communities and options as we age?
If you answered yes, then consider becoming a NH Senior Leadership member!
The New Hampshire Senior Leadership Series is now taking applications for the 2022 class. A collaboration among AARP NH, Center on Aging and Community Living at UNH and Dartmouth Centers for Health and Aging, the program is designed for older adults, caregivers, and family members who want to advocate for older adults in New Hampshire.
The goal of the series is to provide support and training in the advocacy and leadership skills necessary to promote livable communities, including community-based systems of support for Granite Staters as they age.
What You Can Expect:
- Participants will meet five times over eight months and receive intensive training on a wide variety of educational and community topics. The series will take place in Portsmouth, Manchester, Concord and Lebanon.
- Five interactive sessions will be presented by respected leaders in community organizing, leadership development, and best practices in older adult advocacy issues.
The sessions will cover the following topics:
To enhance learning and connection among participants, sessions are intended to be in-person learning sessions only, however, sessions will move to a virtual setting if necessary due to Covid-19.
○ Aging and Society – NH and National Impacts: April 21 and 22, 2022--Portsmouth
○ Community Engagement and Livable Communities: May 12, 2022--Manchester
○ The Legislative Process: June 9, 2022--Concord
○ Aging Well in our Communities: September 22, 2022--Lebanon
○ Group Presentations and Graduation: November 17, 2022--Concord
Upon acceptance, each participant is asked to pay a $45 contribution to the program; it will be the only cost to participate. People needing additional supports (e.g. respite care, transportation, interpreter, physical assistance) will be assisted in every way possible to facilitate their attendance and participation.
Application deadline is February 11, 2022. Candidates will receive notifications by March 11, 2022.
Please click here to apply.