AARP North Dakota is now accepting nominations for its 2022 North Dakota Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50+ North Dakotans who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
The application deadline is July 15, 2022.
Learn more and find the 2022 Andrus Award Nomination form here.
Find additional instructions here: 2022 Andrus Award ND Guide
If you have questions about the North Dakota Andrus Award nomination process email email@example.com or call 1-866-554-5383.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 49 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.
AARP North Dakota Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover the costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Partisan political achievements, accomplishments or service may not be considered.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- Previous Andrus Award recipients are not eligible.
- Volunteers serving on the Andrus Award selection committee are not eligible.
- AARP staff members are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP North Dakota based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, reflected AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
Meet some of our previous recipients: