Do you know an outstanding 50+ volunteer who is making a difference? AARP Oregon is seeking nominations for the Andrus Award for Community Service. The award recognizes outstanding individuals age 50 and older who are sharing their experience, talents and skills to enrich the lives of others. Nominators of the selected award winner will receive $1500 for the qualifying non-profit of their choice! Eligibility requirements for nominees include:
- Nominees must be 50 or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which nominations are based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must reflect AARP's vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must be replicable and inspire others to serve.
- Partisan political achievements, accomplishments or service may not be considered.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are eligible; however, teams are not.
- The recipient does not need to be an AARP volunteer.
- The recipient must live in Oregon.
- Previous Andrus Award recipients are not eligible.
- AARP staff members are not eligible.
Nominations for the Andrus Award may be submitted by AARP members, volunteers, and chapter or unit members. Nominations also may be submitted by external organizations or groups and by members of the public at large. The deadline for nomination is August 15.
Learn more at https://www.aarp.org/giving-back/volunteering/info-02-2011/aarp_andrus_nominations.html