Uniform Adult Guardianship and Protective Proceedings and Jurisdiction Act

Cropped version of postcard - Copy
Are you the caregiver of a loved one who lives in another state?
Mike Festa headshot_from FPA site
Imagine you’ve just moved to Massachusetts.  Ten years ago, after sending your children off to college, you took on the responsibility of being the legal guardian of your ailing aunt, and moved her to a facility close to your home.  You’ve now relocated to Massachusetts for a job opportunity, but once settled in the Commonwealth, you realize that your rights as your aunt’s legal guardian do not transfer to the Bay State. What do you do?
Search AARP States