AARP in Maine is bringing you more opportunities to connect with our community and with people like you.
Celebrate, learn, and enjoy!
AARP Maine Annual Fall Social
Glickman Library | University of Southern Maine
314 Forest Avenue | Portland
Thursday, Oct. 5 | 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.
AARP Maine invites members, volunteers, neighbors, and community partners to our annual Fall Social. Live music and complimentary refreshments will be provided.
Bradbury Mountain Hike and Picnic
Bradbury Mountain State Park | 528 Hallowell Road | Pownal
Monday, Oct. 9 | 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Enjoy the beautiful foliage of Bradbury Mountain State Park on a crisp autumn
day. Find us at the covered picnic area for a potluck picnic. State Park Rangers will guide a summit hike as well as a hike along flat trails within the park. Please show your AARP member card at the park entrance for complimentary one-day entrance.
Blue Hill Community Conversation on Healthcare
Blue Hill Public Library | 5 Parker Point Road | Blue Hill
Monday Oct. 23 | 5:00-6:00 p.m.
Dirigo Speaks Presents: A Reading of “The Dogs Pond”
Bangor Public Library | 145 Harlow Street | Bangor
Wednesday, October 25 | 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Join us for a reading of “The Dogs Pond,” the newest play by Orono playwright Travis G. Baker.
Annual Volunteer and Member Meeting and Andrus Award Recognition
Maple Hill Farm | 11 Inn Road | Hallowell
Thursday, Nov. 2 | 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Join us for our annual volunteer meeting and appreciation luncheon. The event will include group discussions and breakout sessions for current and prospective volunteers.
WWI Centennial Documentary Screenings in Bangor, Houlton and Augusta
Offered in partnership with the Smithsonian Channel, Maine State Museum, Library and Archives, and Houlton Higher Education Center. Don’t miss this special screening of Americans Underground: Secret City of WWI and Q+A with Maine National Guard Historian.
Bangor: Wednesday, Nov. 8 | 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Gracie Theater | Husson University | 1 College Circle | Bangor
Houlton: Friday, Nov. 10 | 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Houlton Higher Education Center | 18 Military Street | Houlton
Augusta: Wednesday, Nov. 15 | 4:30 – 7:00 p.m.
Maine State Museum, Library, and Archives | 230 State Street | Augusta
You can also join us at our FREE ongoing social events listed below:
- Augusta On-Tap: Third Thursday of each month from 4-6 PM at The Black and Tan, 18 Bridge Street, Augusta
- Augusta Coffee: Third Wednesday of each month from 8-10 AM at Lisa’s Restaurant, 15 Bangor Street, Augusta
- Bangor On-Tap: Second Thursday of each month from 4:30-6:30 PM at Geaghan Brothers Brewing Company, 34 Abbot Street, Brewer
- Bangor Coffee: Second Friday of each month from 8-10 AM at Bagel Central, 33 Central Street, Bangor
- Bath/Brunswick Area Coffee: Third Wednesdays of each month from 11AM-1PM at the Coastal Landing Retirement Community, 142 Neptune Drive, Brunswick Landing, Brunswick
- Dover-Foxcroft On-Tap: Last Tuesday of the each month at 10am at The Mill Restaurant, 5 E Main St, Dover-Foxcroft
- Lewiston On-Tap: Last Thursday of each month from 4:30-6:30 PM at Baxter Brewing Company, 130 Mill Street, Lewiston
- Milo Coffee: Third Thursday of each month from 8-10 AM at Elaine’s Bakery, 38 Main Street, Milo
- Portland On-Tap: Third Thursday of each month from 4-6 PM at RiRa Irish Pub, 72 Commercial Street, Portland
- Portland Coffee: First Friday of each month from 8:30-10 AM at AARP Maine State Office, 53 Baxter Boulevard, Portland
- Searsmont On-Tap: Third Wednesday of each month from 4-6 PM at Threshers Brewing Company, 22 Main Street, Searsmont
- York County On-Tap: Second Thursday of each month from 4-6 PM at Duffy’s Tavern, 4 Main Street, Kennebunk
- York County Coffee: Last Monday of each month from 8-10 AM at Mike’s American Diner, 1132 Portland Road, Arundel