Are you looking for a fulfilling volunteer experience? If you want to put your skills to work as a volunteer, making an impact in your community, check out the opportunities we have to offer at AARP!
From making communities more livable for people of all ages, fighting back against fraud and scams or helping to crate a healthier Tennessee, we’ve got lots of opportunities to make a difference in the lives of people 50+ and their families.
CURRENT OPPORTUNITIES IN TENNESSEE
Livable Communities – Division Lead
AARP is looking for volunteer leaders to help create more livable communities in the East, Middle and West Divisions of Tennessee. This role serves as a subject matter expert, working with communities in the AARP Age-Friendly Network and those interested in joining. Main focus areas include increasing community transportation options, affordable housing and social inclusion.
- Communicate with community leaders.
- Identify new cities for the Age-Friendly Network.
- Represent AARP, providing guidance to existing Age-Friendly cities.
Resume required. Some travel required. Knowledge of AARP and the AARP Age-Friendly Network is helpful.
APPLY NOW >>
AARP Tennessee Volunteer Support Team
We are looking for a reliable, self-starter who works well under deadlines to join our network of volunteers.This is an ideal remote/telework position to give back from the comfort of your home.
- Work closely with the team leads assisting with basic data entry, tracking and reporting.
- Data entry experience is helpful.
Must have experience with Microsoft Excel and access to high-speed internet with the ability to work from your home computer.
APPLY NOW >>
AARP Tennessee State Office Volunteer
We’re seeking a volunteer who is willing and ab;e to come into the state office (downtown Nashville) to perform administrative work in support of AARP Tennessee.
- Able to work one day per week (preferably Thursday but day is negotiable) from 10:30 – 4:00.
- Have computer experience; especially Word, Excel helpful, and knowledge of office equipment; i.e., copier and postage machine.
- Work without constant supervision, and complete tasks in timely manner.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office software is helpful. General training provided.
Please send inquiries to Michelle Wisner at email@example.com
AARP Foundation Tax Aide
We’re looking for compassionate and friendly individuals to provide assistance to all taxpayers, especially those 50 and older who can’t afford a tax preparation service. Experience isn’t necessary- we provide training and IRS certification on the latest tax law, forms and software. Roles include:
- Client Facilitators: welcome taxpayers, help organize their paperwork and manage overall flow of service.
- Tax Counselors: work with taxpayers directly, filling out tax returns and helping them find the deductions and credits they’ve earned.
- Technology Coordinators: manage computer equipment, ensure taxpayer data is secure, and provide technical assistant to volunteers at multiple sites. Leadership and Administrative volunteers: make sure program operations run smoothly, manage volunteers, track site activities and maintain quality control.
- Communications Coordinators: help promote the program to keep it going strong.
Tax preparation experience is helpful, but not necessary; training provided. Time commitment varies based on the position. Site hours vary by location.
APPLY NOW >>
Driver Safety Volunteer Instructor
Become a part of the safe driving solution in your community, teaching and organizing the award-winning AARP Smart Driver™ classroom course curriculum.
- Teach Smart Driver courses in English at your assigned location.
- Actively organize, promote, and conduct at least three AARP Smart Driver classroom courses annually.
Requirements: Strong and demonstrated experience teaching, facilitating or public speaking. Ability to empathize and work with diverse populations. Working knowledge of video technology, access to e-mail and the internet.
APPLY NOW >>
Not sure what you’d like to do?
Just complete our online interest form and we’ll be in touch to find the perfect volunteer role for you!
Of course, if you have questions, you can always email them to the AARP Tennessee Volunteer Support Team: Tnvolunteer@aarp.org