Looking for Ways to Make a Difference? Recruiting Now for AARP Volunteer Advocates!
Your experience matters. Whether it is attending a rally, visiting your local elected officials, testifying before the Legislature or staffing a phone bank, AARP volunteers are making a difference on behalf of older Marylanders every day.
AARP Maryland is making a difference where you live. Serving 860,000 members across Maryland, AARP will work in 2013 to develop communities by:
- Working for more long term care services that are home and community based.
- Supporting family caregivers with tools and resources.
- Fighting to lower rates and demand better reliability for utilities with NO surcharges!
- Connecting you with volunteer opportunities in your neighborhood like helping Baltimore City elementary school students to read through AARP Experience CorpsSM, or teaching safe driving courses with AARP Driver Safety.
- Connecting you with resources to reimaging your life and work in ways that are exciting for you.
AARP believes volunteer service is a unique and valuable contribution. Let’s talk about how you can put your time, knowledge and talents to work on issues of importance to you! To become a volunteer advocate email Tammy Bresnahan at email@example.com You don’t need Advocacy experience – only a desire to help.