Dear Veterans: You have done so much to serve us, let us serve you!
AARP Michigan will run a regular feature on this web page about programs, services and benefits available to veterans.
And while you’re here, check out the new AARP website on resources for Veterans: www.aarp.org/veterans
This entry in the Military Monday series will address:
Deals and Discounts for Veterans
Here are just some discounts specifically for veterans. The offers may change so it is always good to check the company website for the latest information. Plus, it never hurts to ask when dealing with companies not listed here. Be sure to have documentation to show your veteran status. Most companies will accept the DD-1173 or DD-2 identification cards. Others use sheerid.com to verify your status.
- 20% discount for military veterans who are 50+.
- Chase Bank: Show your ID card when opening an account to get special offers for retired military.
- US Bank: Former military can get the Platinum checking account with no monthly fee. www.usbank.com/military/military-banking.aspx
- AT&T Wireless offers special savings to military veterans including 15% off monthly service and discounted rates for devices and accessories. wireless.att.com/businesscenter/promos/wirelessdiscounts.jsp
- Verizon offers 15% off plans and features tovets. www.verizonwireless.com/support/employee-discount-validation-faqs/
- Sprint: With veterans’ id or DD-214 you can get monthly discounts on your phone bill. www.sprint.com/global/pdf/business/biz_il_enroll_with2yr.pdf
- Microsoft: Home Use Program discounts software to use at home with Microsoft Office Professional Plus for 2013 in partnership with your employer. www.microsofthup.com/hupus/home.aspx
- Dell: Dell offers a variety of military programs. Check the web site for the details. dell.com/learn/us/en/6099/campaigns/military-experience
- Baseball Hall of Fame: Free admission year-around for retired military. http://baseballhall.org/visit#admission
- Carnival Cruise Line: Retired military personnel receive a 10-50% military discount on select 2-12 day cruises.
- Disney World: Walt Disney World Resort offers Disney 4-Day Military Promotional Tickets.
- Disney Cruise Line: Special military rates are available to retired military personnel and their families.
- Dollywood: 30% discount for a one-day admission for retired military, spouses and dependents.
- Legoland: 23% discount and second day free at the California Legoland for military veterans.
- Norwegian Cruise Line: Retired military get special offers at www.ncl.com/promo/military
- SeaWorld: Via the Waves of Honor program, 30% discount off admission for retired military.
- S. National Parks: Free annual pass to all U.S. national parks with DD Form 1173. www.nps.gov/findapark/passes.htm
- Bennigan’s: Vets get 10% off the total check at Bennigan’s.
- Golden Corral:Free thank you dinner for vets on Nov. 16, 2015. www.goldencorral.com/military
- Texas De Brazil:Get 15% off your meal total for veterans with military ID. www.texasdebrazil.com.
- DoubleTree by Hilton: Get 15% off the Bed & Breakfast rate when booking your room. http://doubletree3.hilton.com/en/offers/100056008.htm
- Greyhound: Vets ride for 10% off all walk-up fares. Also the most you’ll ever pay is $259 for a round-trip anywhere in the US. www.grayhound.com/en/dealsanddiscounts/militarydiscount.aspx.
- Hilton: Book a room at participating Hilton properties and get up to a 15% discount. Works for retired military and their families. http://hamptoninn3.hilton.com/en/offers/100055384.htm?cid=OM,HX,GovPortal,SideRail
- LaQuinta Hotels: La Quinta offers a 12% discount on room reservations. www.lq.com/en/landing-pages/military.html.