It’s winter, but the days are certainly getting longer and warmer -- the outdoors is calling. Now is a great time to learn to cross country ski or reconnect with it if you have been a past cross country skier. With over 30 cross country ski areas in the state, there is one near you and many offer great packages for older Vermonters.
Below is list of several ski areas offering specials for those seniors looking for that perfect winter outdoor activity:
- Catamount Outdoor – Discounted $12 trail pass for Seniors
- Grafton Ponds –10% senior discount for memberships/season passes, trail passes & rentals for those 60+
- Craftsbury – $5 day passes, and reduced price annual memberships
- Trapp Family Lodge – Discounted $20 trail pass, they do a senior ski tour each week, dates and day of the week TBD. They also do lessons geared to senior skiers both group and private when requested.
- Viking Nordic – $20 discounted senior rate for those 65+
- Woodstock Nordic Center - $20 reduced rate senior pass (65-74), $14 Super Senior for 75+
For more information about cross country skiing - https://xcski.org/about-cross-country-skiing/
For a complete list of Vermont cross country ski areas - https://xcski.org/find-a-ski-area/wpbdp_category/vt/