The U.S. DEA is working with local police agencies to hold a medication take-back on Saturday, September 27, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. This is a great chance for you to get rid of old medications that are either expired or that you no longer need.
To find a disposal location near you:
- Visit the DEA’s take-back pagehttp://www.deadiversion.usdoj.gov/drug_disposal/takeback/
- Visit www.Vermont211.org or call Vermont 2-1-1
- Visit the Vermont Department of Public Safety Drug Diversion Unit website at http://vsp.vermont.gov/drugdiversionor call (802) 241-5630
Getting rid of medications in a safe way helps keep them from:
- Poisoning children and animals
- Being used for abuse
- Getting into the water supply
If you are unable to bring in your old medications, visit www.nnepc.org for recommended disposal guidelines.
Save valuable time in an emergency—program your cell phone with the poison center number: 1-800-222-1222