AARP Eye Center
Missing Middle Housing is a range of multi-unit or clustered housing types compatible in scale with single-family homes that help meet the growing demand for walkable, livable communities. Housing types such as duplexes, fourplexes, and small multiplexes that are compatible with single-family homes but represent a broad range of units and unit sizes are critical for providing diverse and affordable housing choices and achieving densities that support walkability and local businesses. Are there zoning changes that Burlington might consider to encourage more development of these types of residences?
Join us on Thursday, September 22nd from 5- 6PM for this mobile workshop where we will explore on foot the South End of Burlington showing you a range of Missing Middle Housing types in this neighborhood.
Examples will include:
• Mix of types and densities within individual blocks
• Single-family home compatibility
• Perceived and actual densities
• Range of unit sizes
• How zoning might prevent or encourage this range of housing
• How to encourage this range within future land use planning efforts
• Densities needed to support main streets
September 22, 2022
5:00 PM-6:00 PM
Saint Paul Street
Burlington, VT 05401
Register here: https://events.aarp.org/d/n9qz91/