Want to make a difference in a child’s life? AARP Foundation Experience Corps is now recruiting volunteer literacy tutors and mentors for children in Kindergarten through 3rd grade in District of Columbia public and charter schools for the 2021-2022 school year.
- must be 50 or older
- have the minimum of a high school diploma (or GED)
- be comfortable tutoring virtually if necessary
- pass a basic literacy test and criminal background check.
The Experience Corps program requires 25 hours of annual training and volunteers need to commit to 5 to 15 hours a week of tutoring during the school year.
Join us for a Virtual Information Session to learn more.
- June 1, 2021 | 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. | Register
- June 9, 2021 | 12:00 - 1:00 p.m. | Register
Contact Denise Fraction at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.