Are you a communicator at heart? Do you use Facebook and Twitter to connect with family, friends and organizations? Are you interested in a volunteer opportunity that you can do right from the comfort of your own home? If you answered yes to these questions, AARP Mississippi has a volunteer opportunity just for you.
AARP Mississippi is looking for social media and communication volunteers to communicate with and on behalf of the state’s 50-plus population. AARP Mississippi works on a range of issues, including caregiving, livable communities, and financial security.
Social media volunteers use Facebook and Twitter to share information important to people over age 50. Social media volunteers also will have an opportunity to work on projects for YouTube. Communication volunteers write letters to the editor and editorials, as well as become trained on issues important to people 50 and over.
As a social media or communication volunteer, you’ll receive:
- Briefings on AARP’s issues.
- Support from a staff person.
- Regular updates from the state office.
- Training on social media. (If you’re interested in becoming a social media volunteer.)
- Paid travel expenses incurred while on approved AARP business.
This is what we are looking for in social media or communication volunteers:
- Good writing skills.
- Active on Facebook and Twitter. (For social media volunteers.)
- Non-partisan approach to legislation.
- Effective communication skills.
- Good judgment.
- Willingness to participate in occasional phone calls.
- Ability to work cooperatively, as well as independently
If you’re interested in learning more about the social media and communication volunteer opportunities, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You also may send us a private email on Twitter. Include your name and phone number, as well as which opportunity interests you. If you have questions, call 1-866-554-5382 to speak with the Communications Director.