ASSOCIATE STATE DIRECTOR for Advocacy
AARP Delaware State Office
We’re millions of member strong nationwide, with more than 176,000 in the First State. We’re the largest and “most powerful grassroots organization” around, according to Fortune magazine. In Delaware, we’re more involved than ever before. If you’re ready, here‘s your chance to make life better for Delaware’s age 50-plus population and generations to come!
In this position, you will:
- Organize volunteers and members to engage in social impact activities related to advocacy and outreach priorities in Delaware
- Lead assigned advocacy and outreach issues
- Build a deeper, engaging AARP community presence in Delaware through outreach, advocacy and education
- Coordinate and manage work with volunteers, including volunteer engagement, recruitment, retention and recognition strategies, chapter relations, and volunteer educational/learning activities
- Build and maintain strong, productive relationships with members of Congress, state legislators, and other state leaders to enable effective communication and impact on elected national and state officials
- Build and maintain strong, collaborative partnerships with other organizations, associations, and groups to strengthen advocacy and outreach priority work
- Effectively communicate advocacy and outreach priorities through a wide variety of communication, media and educational channels and opportunities
- Teamwork is important and you will be joining a strong partnership of staff and volunteers who are building a dynamic presence for AARP in Delaware
Requires: Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Non-Profit Management, Social or Human Sciences, or a related discipline and 5-7 years of experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience related to the position. Experience working political/issue campaigns. Demonstrated strong understanding of health policy and the state’s political and human services environment. In state travel required up to 50%.
Qualified candidates are invited to apply online at www.aarpjobs.com.
We’re an equal opportunity employer that values workplace diversity.