AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2022 Louisiana Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50+ Louisianans who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
“AARP Louisiana is excited to shine a light on 50+ Louisianans who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Denise Bottcher, AARP Louisiana State Director.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Louisiana based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, reflected AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in the fall, and the winner will be honored at a virtual ceremony and given the opportunity to designate a nonprofit organization to receive a $1000 donation in their name.
AARP Louisiana Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee/s must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover the costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
You can submit an online nomination HERE, or you can contact LaTonya Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a nomination form. The application deadline is July 15, 2022.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 50 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.