AARP Michigan advocates on policy issues that matter most to Michigan residents age 50 and older and their families.
In the 2021 state legislative session, these policy issues include:
- Lower prescription drug prices;
- Nursing home reforms;
- Expansion of home and community based services;
- Bridging the digital divide;
- Increased access to health care through telehealth;
- Family Caregiver Tax Credit;
- Dementia and brain health;
- Retirement security;
- Age-friendly communities, and
- Disrupting health care access disparities.
Learn more about the agenda by reading the full document here.
Each spring, AARP Michigan publishes this document and shares it with Michigan State Representatives, State Senators, the Governor, AARP members, volunteers and the public.