AARP Eye Center
AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2023 Nebraska Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors Nebraskans age 50 plus who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
“AARP Nebraska is excited to shine a light on age 50-plus Nebraskans who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said Suzan DeCamp, volunteer state president for AARP Nebraska.
As part of the award, Nebraska’s Andrus Award recipient will designate a non-profit organization to receive a $2500 donation from AARP.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Nebraska based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Nebraska Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay. Volunteers receiving small stipends to cover the costs associated with the volunteer activity are eligible.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and purpose.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must be replicable and provide inspiration for others to volunteer.
- Partisan political achievements, accomplishments or service may not be considered.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- Previous Andrus Award recipients are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Nomination forms can be found online at www.aarp.org/AndrusAward. People may also contact the AARP Nebraska office at 866-389-5651 or firstname.lastname@example.org for further information. The application deadline is July 15, 2023.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Every year, AARP recognizes outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.