Annual Award Recognizes Those Who Make
a Powerful Difference in their Community
“AARP Rhode Island is excited to shine a light on 50+ (State-ians) who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said State Director Kathleen Connell.
Nominations will be evaluated by (insert name of state office) based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Rhode Island Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact Julia Valles at 401-248-2654 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information and a nomination form. The application deadline is June 1, 2014.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 52 outstanding individuals from around the country.