Whether you have a thirst to learn or just a new year’s resolution for self-improvement, you may be interested in 10 free classes available online. These 10 free online courses will teach you about the study of happiness from professors and researchers at top universities and help you implement techniques such as meditation, resilience, mindfulness, and visualization into your own life.
- The Science of Happiness (UC Berkeley) – This 10-week course gives students an introduction to the concepts behind Positive Psychology.
- The Year of Happy (Independent) – This course includes a monthly email; each month with a different theme for putting more happiness into your life. Monthly emails contain videos, readings, discussions, and more.
- Becoming a Resilient Person: The Science of Stress Management (University of Washington) – This eight-week course will teach you techniques for managing stress in your life.
- Introduction to Psychology (Tsinghua University) – Learn about the mind, perception, learning, personality, and (ultimately) happiness in this 13-week basic psychology course.
- A Lifetime of Happiness and Fulfillment (Indian School of Business) – Join “Dr. HappySmarts,” in this six-week course that includes a multi-media experience to help you understand what makes people happy.
- Positive Psychology (The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) – This six-unit weekly course focuses on psychological techniques that are proven to improve happiness levels.
- Psychology of Popularity (The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill) – Another six-week course from the folks at UNC Chapel Hill examines how experiences with popularity in their younger years shape who you are and how it impacts you as an adult.
- Buddhism and Modern Psychology (Princeton University) – Is happiness mind over matter? Can meditation make you happier? This six-week course explores these Buddhist teachings.
- Psychological First Aid (John Hopkins) – Researchers at Johns Hopkins have found that applying "first aid" techniques can help make you (and those around you) happier.
- Buddhist Meditation and the Modern World (University of Virginia) – This 13-week course will help you learn to apply the most common Buddhist practices, like meditation, yoga, mindfulness, visualization, etc. to your personal and work life.
Want more details? Check out the original article from "About Education" here >>