AARP Eye Center
After each episode of “Thursdays With AARP Wisconsin” we will include an audio link to the half hour show along with the topic for the show and the guests who were interviewed.
Last week’s topic was “Transit Equity Day” and featured guests Jana Lynott, AICP (AARP Public Policy Institute) and Gregg May (1000 Friends of Wisconsin) joining host Amber Miller to discuss Transit Equity Day and the importance of recognizing the right to mobility in every community.
View entire episode on the AARP Wisconsin YouTube channel or page on Facebook.com If you’d like to hear just a portion of the show, here are the topics and time slot you can find them on the audio:
- What is Transit Equity Day (https://www.labor4sustainability.org/transit-equity-day/)... 3:30
- Challenges for those who do not drive… 5:10
- Perceptions around public transportation… 7:19
- Decreased investment over time yields less useful service… 9:16
- Lack of information as a utilization barrier… 11:21
- Question from viewer: high-speed rail… 14:23
- Question from viewer: how to advocate for equitable investment in transportation… 16:09
- Question from viewer: safety of public transportation… 20:47
- Gregg May’s vision for a world with balanced transportation… 23:55
- Jana Lynott’s vision for a world with balanced transportation… 25:35