AARP Eye Center
AARP Alabama is recruiting a self-motivated social media intern to join its team. It is a paid internship with an anticipated start date of July 2021 and an end date of December 2021. It is currently a teleworking position.
The Social Media Intern will partner with the Communications and Outreach team, focusing on social media support.
Duties will include the following:
• Plan and create social media content which includes designing compelling graphics
• Support and create virtual events and multimedia projects that support AARP AL’s social mission work
• Assist with editorial planning, content management and scheduling, and channel management
• Assist with reporting and data analysis
• Monitor posts and respond in a timely manner to all questions and comments
• Work with the Communications Director to ensure brand consistency
Prospective interns must be currently enrolled in a degree program at an accredited college or university; be considered rising undergraduate juniors or seniors, graduate students, or post-doctoral students; and remain academically enrolled throughout the internship. AARP also considers non-traditional interns who are looking to re-enter the workforce or change careers. This may include those who have previously graduated from college and enrolled in a continuing education program.
All candidates MUST apply through this link: