Join AARP Michigan and the City of Lansing on Sunday, Sept. 10 for Grandparents Day, a national holiday that celebrates the special bond between grandchildren and grandparents.
Free, fun-filled activities for all ages will take place from Noon to 4 p.m. at Museum Drive and along the Lansing River Trail.
Over 30 participating organizations are bringing fun and interactive activities to this family event, including:
- Learning to make balloon animals;
- Playing with parachutes;
- Experiencing a Zumba or Pound class;
- Making music with fruit and vegetables;
- Trying your hand at tennis or pickle ball;
- Learning karate moves;
- Shooting a water balloon into the river using a giant trebuchet.
The event recognizes that grandparents have always played an important role in families, and perhaps now more than ever. Nationwide, more than 2.7 million grandparents are raising grandchildren, according to census figures — a number that is on the rise across the country.
Learn more about the event here: