NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- BRIEF OVERVIEW: AARP Colorado believes that age 50 is the beginning of life’s best years, and is hosting a promotion where entrants can show us how they are celebrating this chapter of their life. New adventure? New degree? New Career? New Look? We want to know what the term “New 50+” means to you. The New 50+ Contest (“Promotion”) takes place between April 20, 2017 at 12 a.m. MDT and May 5, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. MDT (“Promotion Period”). The Promotion consists of a video contest where entrants tell us what being 50+ means to them. More specific details are stated below.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Promotion is open to all legal residents of Colorado, who are at least 50 years old as of the date of entry, except officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household and immediate families, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings) of AARP (also referred to as “Sponsor”), its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising/promotion agencies, and/or their affiliates, assigns or representatives (hereinafter referred to collectively as “Sponsor & Others”), and all other persons or entities associated with the development, administration, promotion, execution of, supply to or printing of this Promotion.
- HOW TO PARTICIPATE/SELECTION OF WINNER/PRIZE/ODDS OF WINNING:
- A) Prize Contest: There will be one (1) Prize awarded to the Selected Winner. To enter the Prize Contest, submit a video highlighting your New 50+ lifestyle. Videos should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, during the Promotion Period, and should be 30 to 60-seconds in length. Entrants are responsible for determining the appropriate beginning and ending times in their respective time zones. Upon submission of the video, each entrant will be entered into the Prize Contest. Only one (1) entry per individual.
- Semifinalist Round: On approximately May 19, 2017 at approximately 2 p.m. MDT, three (3) semifinalists will be selected by a panel of four (4) Judges, appointed by AARP. Semifinalists will be selected from all entries received throughout the Promotion Period. Judges will evaluate entrants based on creativity (25%), originality (25%), and the extent to which the video aligns with the theme of the contest (50%), and will select as Semifinalists those entries with the three highest scores. In the event of a tie, tied entries will be re-judged based on the same criteria listed above and Semifinalist will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Entrants agree to the Official Rules and to the decisions of the Judges, which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- Finalist Round: On approximately May 20, 2017 , Semifinalist entries will be posted on the AARP Colorado Facebook page. The post that receives the most likes and/or shares between May 20, 2017 and May 23, 2017at 11:59 MDT will be selected as the Winner (“Selected Winner”), as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. ENTRANTS ALSO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH FACEBOOK. ENTRANTS RELEASE FACEBOOK FROM ANY LIABILITY IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST.
- Notification: Winner will be notified via email on or about May 24, 2017, using the contact information provide upon entry. The Winner must email email@example.com within 48 hours (_2_) days of notification to claim prize. The return of any prize notification message as undeliverable will result in disqualification of the applicable winner, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize and the selection of a substitute winner with the next highest score.
- Prizes: The Selected Winner will receive the opportunity to shoot a professional video sharing their New 50+ experience. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Prize: $500. If the actual retail value of the Prize differs from its stated ARV, the Selected Winner will not receive the difference in value. Limit: Only one (1) prize per individual. Winner must be available to shoot the video on the date and time selected by AARP. If Winner is unavailable, Winner will be disqualified and Sponsor will select a substitute Winner based on the entry with the next highest score. Additionally, winner may receive the possible opportunity to become an official spokesperson for the New 50+ program, at AARP’s sole discretion and contingent on execution of required documentation, which may include releases and/or a service agreement. Award of a prize to any winner will be subject to verification of that winner’s eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received, and the Judge’s evaluation of said entries.
Participant need not be an AARP member in order to enter and/or win the Prize Contest. Being an AARP member will not increase your chance or odds of winning.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS APPLICABLE TO GRAND PRIZE RECIPIENT (“PRIZE RECIPIENT”):
Prize Limit: An individual, including a member of his/her household, regardless of email address used, may only win one (1) Grand Prize throughout the Promotion Period. Prizes are not transferable or substitutable except by Sponsor with one of equal or greater value. Sponsor is not responsible for any Prize Recipient’s inability to utilize her/his prize. All federal, state and local taxes, and costs associated with travel to the video location, which shall be in close proximity to Winner as determined by AARP in its sole discretion, to obtain the Prize are solely the responsibility of the Prize Recipient. Additionally, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate Winner of a Grand Prize may result from any of the following: (a) a potential Winner’s failure, upon request, to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity, residency, and/or eligibility; (b) a potential Winner’s failure to accept or utilize the Grand Prize as provided herein; or (c) any other non-compliance, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, with the Official Rules.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor & Others are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections; for miscommunications; failed telephone, computer or electronic transmissions; for jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions; for phone, electrical, network, technology or computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties; or any other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind, whether human, mechanical or electronic; or for non-receipt of any entry regardless of the cause of it not being properly received by Sponsor. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries; for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; or for any technical, printing or human errors which may occur in the receipt, non-receipt or processing of any entries, Tickets or Ticket stubs in the Promotion. In no event will Sponsor award more Grand Prizes than are stated in these Official Rules. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Promotion, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person attempting to enter using multiple email addresses, multiple identities or any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of the Promotion will be disqualified from participation in the Promotion. If, in the judgment of Sponsor, the Promotion is compromised by viruses, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which or may corrupt the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, discontinue, suspend or terminate the Promotion and proceed to select potential Winner in a manner it deems fair and reasonable.
SPONSOR & OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- PUBLICITY AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: By accepting a prize, each Prize Recipient agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designees the perpetual right to use his/her name, biographical information, photos, videos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
Uploading a Submission constitutes entrant’s consent to give Sponsors a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including for promotional or marketing purposes. If necessary, entrant will sign any necessary documentation that may be required for Sponsors or their designees to make use of the non-exclusive rights entrant is granting to use the Submission.
- GOVERNING LAW: Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Washington, DC.
- RELEASE: By participating, each entrant releases and agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Promotion, or arising out of the receipt, use or misuse, or enjoyment of any Prize.
- GENERAL: By entering the Promotion, entrants agree to abide and to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters pertaining to this Promotion. All entries become property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Void outside of the fifty (50) United States/District of Columbia and wherever prohibited or restricted by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
- WINNER’S list: To obtain the names of the Grand Prize Winner, send a properly stamped, self-addressed envelope, by June 24, 2017 , to AARP Winner’s List, A3 – 113 601 E. Street, NW, Washington, DC 20049.
SPONSOR: AARP, 601 E. Street NW, Washington, DC 20049
© 2017 AARP
AARP is a trademark of AARP Non-Profit Corporation, D.C. These Official Rules may not be reproduced or reprinted in part or in their entirety without the express prior written permission of AARP.