Join the Rocky Mountain MS Center this August for Multiple Summits for Multiple Sclerosis (#MS4MS)!
MS4MS is a do-it-your-way approach to raising awareness and support for the Rocky Mountain MS Center. Whether you hike a trail, walk laps in your own neighborhood, or set out with a team for the peak of a 14er... Pick your own summit and conquer it with us!
Whether you hike a trail, take a challenging walk at a local park, or set out with a team for the peak of a 14er... Pick your own summit and conquer it with us!
Regular Registration: $35 per participant.
- Each participant receives an MS4MS high-performance shirt.
- Team captains receive a summit flag.
HOW IT WORKS
Throughout the month of August, teams and individuals will head out on hikes they've planned and scheduled themselves. Beforehand, hikers will register here and set up their own donation pages. #MS4MS has four main ways to get involved:
- CREATE A TEAM: Register today and create your own team! As a Team Captain, you can invite friends to join you, plan a hike, post the details and set fundraising goals. Help your team set their own goals, then you're ready to hit the trailhead.
- JOIN A TEAM: Register now, and join one of our existing teams. You'll have your own personal fundraising page to share with friends and family... spread the word to reach your goal! Watch for your Captain to post details of your hike, then head out the door to your summit.
- HIKE ON YOUR OWN: Would you rather keep your hike private? No problem! Register and create your personal fundraising page, then use our tools to ask friends and family to support your goals.
- DONATE TO A TEAM OR HIKER: If hiking's not your thing, or you're just not able to make it, you can support your favorite team or your friends and family! Just find the "Team" or individual "Fundraiser" by following the links above, and make a direct donation to their goal.
Click Here to Get Started!
Wildflower Hike – Square Top Lake
Join us Saturday, August 1 for a beautiful hike through mountainside wildflowers around 12,000 feet above sea level!
Square Top Lakes is a beautiful, high-altitude, yet level hike on the top of Guanella Pass just out of Georgetown. The flowers (more than 6 dozen species) are spectacular and the views outstanding. It’s 3 miles round trip to the lower lake, with elevation ranging between 11,700 and 12,050 feet. The hearty can continue on to the second lake — another 250’ vertical climb.
WHEN AND WHERE
We’ll meet at the Georgetown Visitor Center (1491 Argentine, Georgetown, CO 80444) at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 1. From there, we'll carpool to the trailhead at Guanella Pass and start hiking at 10.
WHAT TO BRING
We suggest that all participants bring at least 1 liter of water, a windbreaker or rain jacket, a hat, and please wear sturdy shoes.
To join, visit our team page at http://www.firstgiving.com/team/299350 and click “Join Team.”