Get Helpful Guidance at Our Online Q&A Webinar
Prepare to Care: Paying for Your Loved One’s Care
Part 1: Tuesday, July 24, 2018, 5 – 5:30 p.m. MT
Part 2: Tuesday, July 31, 2018, 5 – 5:30 p.m. MT
It can happen suddenly. One day, a loved one might be relatively healthy. The next, they could be facing a serious — and costly — health challenge. Don’t wait for a crisis to occur before talking to your loved one about their health care finances and preferences. Having that conversation now can help you better understand their priorities, details of their finances and health, and more. At AARP, we’re here to help you be more prepared for your caregiving experiences.
During our two-part online Q&A, you’ll discover available options to help pay for your loved one’s health care. You’ll also hear from health and caregiving experts from AARP, the federal government and other organizations.
In Part 1, you’ll learn about:
- How to prepare to care and start the conversation with your loved one about their medical care preferences and costs
- Medicaid — what it does and doesn’t cover, and how/when to apply
- Medicare — what it does and doesn’t cover, and how/when to apply
In Part 2, you’ll learn about:
- Veteran’s Administration (VA) benefits
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Out-of-Pocket costs
- Additional resources available to caregivers and their loved ones
Be more prepared to manage your loved one’s health care expenses. Register for our online Q&A webinar today. Be sure to share the event with your family and friends. Then, get ready to receive insight and guidance.
Click here to register today!