Show your appreciation by nominating a volunteer for the 2015 AARP Idaho Andrus Award for Community Service. AARP's most prestigious Idaho volunteer award recognizes individuals who are sharing their experience, talent and skills in ways significantly enrich the lives of others. Only one Idaho individual or couple is selected each year. The nomination deadline is June 2, 2015.
Legacy of Service
AARP's commitment to volunteer service can be traced back to our founder, Dr. Ethel Percy Andrus, whose motto "to serve, not to be served" has shaped our community service efforts at the national, state and local levels.
Award Eligibility Guidelines
Nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominees must be 50 or older
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which nominations are based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay
- The achievements, accomplishments or service on which the nominations are based must reflect AARP's vision and mission
- Couples or partners who perform service together are eligible; however, teams are not eligible
- The recipient must live in Idaho
- This is not a posthumous award
Who Can Nominate?
Nominations for the AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service may be submitted by AARP members, volunteers, and chapter or unit members. Nominations also may be submitted by external organizations or groups and by members of the public at large. AARP staff and selection committee members may not submit nominations.
Selection of AARP State Andrus Award for Community Service recipients will be based on answers submitted to the following questions:
- Please describe the volunteer work that inspired you to nominate this individual for the award.
- How has the nominee's work supported AARP's vision and mission?
- How has the work of the nominee improved the community or enhanced the lives of its residents for which/whom the word was performed?
- What is inspiring, courageous, unusual or innovative about the nominee's achievement?
- How has the nominee's work impacted other volunteers or inspired others to volunteer?
For more information about the award, click here, or call 1-866-295-7284.
To submit your candidate, click here.