This paid internship involves outreach, event planning and communication initiatives directed toward AARP’s membership base, volunteers, and legislators, particularly in the multicultural community. This includes, but is not limited to, the coordination of events and volunteers, public/media relations, program design, and organizational communication.
- Under state staff guidance this position will:
- Develop, organize and promote bilingual events focused on caregiver, fraud watch and financial security.
- Intern must be mission focused and dedicated to AARP’s Multicultural Markets and Engagement goals
- Identify and research Hispanic/Latino organizations who can help with our MME outreach goals
- Research other states for best practices in performing outreach in Hispanic/Latino communities
- Help develop, organize, promote, and work at community presence activities in Hispanic/Latino communities
- Identify and develop relationships with Hispanic/Latino media outlets that can help disseminate information regarding AARP’s events
- Identify and report to Idaho state staff Hispanic/Latino AARP members who may be interested in volunteering for AARP
- Recruit and train Spanish speaking volunteers on key AARP priorities
- Work with staff to develop a multicultural leadership advisory board
- Intern’s contributions will help enrich Idaho’s Multicultural Markets Engagement
We’re millions of members strong–with more joining us every day– the largest and “most powerful grassroots organization” around, according to Fortune magazine. In fact, our commitment and collective strength enables us to serve and support a broad and diverse membership as well as embrace our own workplace diversity. Here’s your chance to take action in Washington, DC and throughout the US!
Click HERE for more information.