AARP Eye Center
Maryland Officials & Non-Profits Unite to Combat Elder Financial Abuse
PROTECT Week 2023 Launches June 12 at a Press Conference in Annapolis
Nancy Carr, 443-787-5382 or email@example.com
- Anthony Brown, Maryland Attorney General
- Secretary Carmel Roques, Maryland Department of Aging
- Secretary Rafael Lôpez, Maryland Department of Human Services
- Commissioner of Financial Regulation Tony Salazar (Maryland Department of Labor)
- U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland Erek Barron
- Rianna Matthews-Brown, Chief of Staff, Maryland Office of the Comptroller
- Karen Morgan, AARP Maryland Executive Council
- Emcee Shawn Perry, host of The Senior Zone (WYCB-AM)
Press Conference Announcing PROTECT Week (Preventing Older Americans from Financial Exploitation) Statewide Public Education Campaign
Monday, June 12 at 11:00 a.m.
AARP Maryland State Office
One Park Place
Annapolis, MD 21401
AARP Maryland, the Maryland Attorney General, Comptroller of Maryland, Maryland Department of Aging, Maryland Department of Human Services, Maryland Department of Financial Regulation from the Maryland Department of Labor, and the U.S. Attorney’s Office, along with an array of consumer groups, are hosting a press conference to launch a statewide awareness and public education campaign focused on Protecting Older Americans from Financial Exploitation.
- Proclamation by the Dept. of Aging on behalf of Gov. Moore
- Guest speaker remarks about their agencies’ role in combating elder fraud and abuse.
- Media Q&A