May is Military Appreciation Month
Join AARP in saluting our veterans, military and their families for their service and sacrifice during Military Appreciation Month.
Special milestone dates include:
- May 8: 75th Anniversary of Victory in Europe (VE) Day;
- May 15-17: Armed Forces Weekend highlighting all branches;
- May 25: Memorial Day to remember the fallen.
DID YOU KNOW?
AARP has complied a list of Free Resources to Aid Veterans, Military, Their Families Amid COVID-19 Outbreak
Covid-19 and Veterans
The Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and other aid organizations have mobilized resources specifically for veterans to stay safe during the COVID-19 outbreak.
The Veterans Health Administration recently received $17.2 billion from the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act. With this money, the VA increased access to telehealth and has said it will serve even those veterans not enrolled in the VA system.
Click HERE for a list of resources that veterans, active-duty military and their families can receive if they need assistance during the pandemic. If you know of other programs available for veterans, let us know!
In the News:
- VA Beneficiaries to Receive $1,200 Stimulus Payments Automatically, But Veterans Still Must File for Extra $500 per Child
- Coronavirus FAQs: What Veterans Need to Know
- Coronavirus Death Rate Continues to Climb for Veterans
- Justice Dept. Anticipates Stimulus Payments Target for Scams, Fraud –
- Have to How Veterans Can Get Tested for COVID-19 with VA or TRICARE, Co-Pays Now Waived