AARP is now accepting nominations for its 2018 Mississippi Andrus Award for Community Service, which honors 50+ Mississippians who are sharing their experience, talent, and skills to enrich the lives of their community members.
“AARP Mississippi is excited to shine a light on 50+ Mississippians who are using what they’ve learned in life to make a difference in the lives around them,” said AARP Mississippi State Director Kimberly L. Campbell, Esq.
Nominations will be evaluated by AARP Mississippi based on how the volunteer’s work has improved the community, supported AARP’s vision and mission, and inspired other volunteers. The award recipient will be announced in early fall.
AARP Mississippi Andrus Award for Community Service nominees must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Nominee must be 50 years or older.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must have been performed on a volunteer basis, without pay.
- The achievements, accomplishments, or service on which the nomination is based must reflect AARP’s vision and mission.
- Couples or partners who perform service together are also eligible; however, teams are not eligible.
- This is not a posthumous award.
Please contact AARP Mississippi at 1-866-554-5382 for further information and a nomination form. The application deadline is June 1, 2018.
The AARP Andrus Award for Community Service is an annual awards program developed to honor individuals whose service is a unique and valuable contribution to society. Last year, AARP recognized 51 outstanding individuals and couples from around the country.