AARP Eye Center
Get the Facts! Big Tobacco companies are trying to confuse Montana voters on I-185. Click here to see the Myths vs. Facts on I-185.
Now that absentee voting is underway in Montana, we want to remind you to vote.
And as you vote, we encourage you to take a close look at I-185. It's a measure that will increase state taxes on all tobacco products, including electronic smoking devices, to improve health services funding for Montanans.
The tobacco tax would be increased by $2 per pack of cigarettes, from $1.70 to $3.70 and a similar rate for all other tobacco products. If approved by voters, I-185 would help Montanans lead healthier lives. If you don't use tobacco products, you don't pay.
- Keep rural hospitals open, ensuring access to care for Montana's rural families.
- Help prevent Kids from smoking and will help smokers quit.
- Provide $4 million a year in vital funding for veterans programs.
- Make it easier for older Montanans to stay in their homes and communities as they age, near their families and friends.
- Prevent 100,000 Montanans from losing their health coverage through Medicaid expansion, which will end or "sunset" in July 2019 if no action is taken.
Vote YES on I-185 to ensure that Montana is a healthy place for all of us to live and work.