Car-Fit is a free, educational program that offers drivers the opportunity to check how well their vehicles "fit" them. A team of trained technicians and/ or health professionals help each participant to ensure they "fit" their vehicle properly for maximum comfort and safety.
What will be checked at Car-Fit?
- Drivers' Settings- Each person is unique and may require different settings behind the wheel (seat, steering wheel, etc)
- Seat Belt
- Steering Wheel Tilt
- Head Restraint
- Distance Between Chest and Steering Wheel
- Line of Sight About Steering Wheel
- Positioning to Gas and Brake Pedal
- Mirror Use
- Neck Mobility
- Ignition Key
- Operation of Vehicle Controls
- Vehicle Walk Around
The Car-Fit check takes approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Saturday, August 27, 2016
1 - 3 p.m.
Old Farmers Market, 127 South Bell - Corner of South Bell and East 7th Street Shawnee, OK
Click here to SIGN UP FOR AARP's FREE CAR-FIT EVENT or call 1-877-926-8300 to register.
While supplies last, participants will receive a FREE AARP Car Organizer and Car Kit!